Keurig K15 Coffee Maker Review
Since the time that Ethiopian shepherd saw his goats become hyperactive after eating a particular shrub, coffee has been a major part of humankind’s daily routine. As technology progressed, brewing coffee has become easier and easier, until it finally produced the Keurig K15 Coffee Maker. Granted, this may not be the pinnacle of coffee-making appliances, but it is a great, compact and dependable companion for a single-person household or a household where there is a single coffee-enthusiast. The Keurig K15 Coffee Maker is a personal coffee brewer that gives you a perfect brew in under two minutes. It allows you to add water when you need it and not waste time thinking if you remembered to change the reservoir or not. Moreover, the brewer is easy to use without a complicated manual, in addition to being versatile regarding the K-Cup types and sizes it is able to make use of.
Whom Is This Product Designed for?
- single-person households
- households with a single coffee-enthusiast
- heavy coffee-drinkers
- casual coffee-drinkers
- college-bound teens
Important feature 1: High convenience
The K15 is beyond convenient, and will help keep the pressure of the rush of modern life off your back, at least in the morning, until you’re ready to deal with it. The maker will brew your beverage in under two minutes. Simply walk to the sink, fill your mug, pour it into your K15, put a K-Cup, press “brew”, and you will be sipping your coffee or what have you in no time. It’s as efficient as they come.
Important feature 2: No water tank
The brewer holds no water tank, which can be both an advantage and a disadvantage, depending on your point of view. Whenever you feel the need for a hot brew, simply add fresh water to the K15 and you’ll be drinking it as soon as you like. It’s worth noting that the K15 makes a single brew at a time, so it could be inconvenient if you have company. On the other hand, the wait is less than five minutes.
Important feature 3: Easy controls, prominent power button
You know that groggy feeling after you’ve just woken up, and still haven’t had your coffee? How many times have you put on socks that don’t match or pressed the wrong button? Well, we can’t guarantee for the socks, but pressing the wrong button on the K15 is a non-issue with the One-touch simplicity design. It sports a Power Button and a Brew Button (pretty much self-explanatory), as well as indicator lights to guide you and a 90-second Auto-off period.
Important feature 4: Variety of cups
The K15 uses the standard Keurig-patented K-Cups. (For the uninitiated, these are single-serve coffee containers that hold various grounds and tastes). These come in an amazing variety, and you can try various tastes with a sample pack of your choice. Moreover, the maker brews three sizes for your cup – 6, 8, 10 ounces. The brewer will accommodate most mugs and perhaps a number of travel mugs, but don’t expect that this personal coffee maker to be universal, versatile as it is.
Important feature 5: Convenient size, easy to transport
The product sits comfortably at 10.8″H x 6.9″W x 10.7″D inches (27.4 x 17.5 x 27.2 cm). As clearly evident, it doesn’t occupy much space, and you can fit it almost anywhere. It stores nicely for transport, and with a weight of only 8.7 pounds (a few grams shy of 4 kg), carrying it shouldn’t be a problem. As already noted, the brewer not only fits different cup/mug sizes, it also fits different K-Cup sizes from 75 major coffee brands.
- The brewer comes with a recipe booklet.
- There are three cup sizes – 6, 8 and 10-ounce.
- The maker uses K-Cups (500 variants from 75 major brands).
- It also allows you to brew your own coffee (besides K-Cup).
- The K15 has a small footprint and fits almost everywhere.
- It’s also gift-wrap available.
- No sample packs are included.
- K-Cup variety-packs sell separately.
- The K15 doesn’t accommodate travel mugs.
FAQ -Some pre-selling Questions and Answers about this product:
For added perspective, we’ve taken some of the most frequent questions customers have had about the product, and answered them. Some of the questions were:
- Is this the model that was recalled before Christmas?
- Yes, this is the same model, but the problem models were removed, and the problem itself resolved.
- Can I use my own coffee with this?
- Yes, you can use any coffee you prefer, but for this, you will need a K-Cup adapter. This item sells separately and can be found on Amazon.
- Is there a hot water option?
- Some customers wondered if this model would keep the feature that enables them to add hot water directly. The answer is yes, provided you do not insert the Keurig Cup.
- Can you use a My K-Cup in the K15 Keurig?
- As previously stated, the K15 accommodates a great variety of K-Cups, including all of the Keurig variants, as well as some other brands, Krispy Kreme, Green Mountain, & Duncan Donuts among them. These you can buy at your local grocery store.
- Is there a carrying case?
- Some customers have wondered if the brewer is portable, to which the answer is yes, but with some minor limitations. Although the maker is portable, it’s not recommendable to carry it when traveling. On the other hand, it’s perfect if you’re moving.
On a balance, Keurig’s K15 Coffee Maker seems to be a great appliance for a single-person household. It has a small footprint, so you can place it almost anywhere, it’s easy to use, and allows you to choose from a great variety of coffee brands and tastes. One other noteworthy thing to keep in mind is that it’s quite durable and can handle temperature extremes; however, for optimum performance and longevity, this is far from recommended. The brewer is also gift-wrap available, so if you were looking for a perfect gift for your college-bound kids, you might consider the K15.